The A Hoy award was conceived by Matt Holford who writes the 'It's Quite An Experience' blog.
It's basically a group of people paying their respects to people who put time and effort into their writing.
I kept away from the usual suspects bar one who I feel deserved the award for his behind the scenes efforts and for compiling such an insightful blog.
Here are my winners, in no particular order:
Illegitimis Nil Carborundum - http://www.observationdeck.org/weblogs/
It was the template used by this blogger that caught my eye. It's a beautiful layout and pleasant on the eye. The writing is top notch too.
AC/DC News - http://www.acdcnews.com/
I'm a big fan of AC/DC and anyone who writes about them with such passion deserves an award. Some of the photo's on this blog are quite stunning, even if the author didn't take them himself. It's a great blog for any hardcore fan of AC/DC.
University Diaries - http://www.margaretsoltan.com/
I stumbled upon Margaret's blog whilst researching Charles Nemeroff. She shoots straight from the hip with her writing and chooses various topics to get her teeth into.
The Paranormal Casebook - http://alienufoparanormalcasebook.blogspot.com/
Updated on a daily basis and it certainly gives you food for thought. I don't necessarily agree with everything written on this blog but it sure does open your mind.
Grand_Anglais - http://grandanglais.blogspot.com/
Fellow Brummie who has a passion for photography. His photos are excellent and have brought back many memories for me.
Last but definitely not least is the Truthman's excellent blog:
GSK Licence To [K]ill - http://truthman30.wordpress.com/
I have become good friends with the author of this blog over the years we have known one another, albeit from the perspective of cyberspace. His blog is a wealth of information and, for me, one of the best Seroxat blogs out there. It shames GSK, at least it should shame them. Truthman has documented the rise of Seroxat from its birth. His research should be highly commended.
Rules for Making an Award
1. Pick five blogs that you consider deserve this award based upon any criteria - for example, the quality of the commentary, wit, humour, artwork, overall design, value to you of the information being provided, and so on.
2. The awarding blogger should choose at least two blogs not on his or her own blogroll, the purpose being to encourage variety of reading matter, and to have the person making the award think about what they like to see and read.
3. Your five choices must be published in a dedicated post on your own blog. This post must contain the name of the author (which may be their logon name), and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone. This post should contain brief details of what attracted you to the blog. Details may also be posted in the comments section of "What is a Hoy?"
4. In the same dedicated post, each winner has to show the award and acknowledge the blog that has given him or her the award.
5. Both those awarding and receiving A Hoy must show the link to A Hoy blog, so that everyone will know the origin of this award.
6. When publishing details of the blogs to which you have made your awards, these Rules must be published for recipients to follow.
A Hoy Awards Blog
Read the new book, The Evidence, However, Is Clear...The Seroxat Scandal
ORDER THE PAPERBACK
'THE EVIDENCE, HOWEVER, IS CLEAR...THE SEROXAT SCANDAL' By Bob Fiddaman
SIGNED COPIES HERE OR UNSIGNED FROM CHIPMUNKA PUBLISHING