Friday, February 12, 2010
ABOLISH INCOME TAX FOR BRITISH SOLDIERS PETITION
The following petition is for UK residents only. Each and every UK visitor to this blog should take a look at what I am about to write.
I think it is appalling that British soldiers are being charged income tax on their earnings, particularly when they are putting their lives at risk and fighting for freedom and democracy.
Our soldiers are currently paying income tax, the same income tax that was used by Members of Parliament for their 'expenses'. [See scrolling list below]
These brave souls are putting their lives on the line in Afghanistan and they SHOULD NOT have to pay income tax on their earnings.
It's a mockery and a total lack of respect for all those risking life and limb in war zones around the world.
I urge ALL readers of this blog to sign the petition and to get the government to act with immediate effect. Our government owe them, not the other way round!
The current online petition is a worthy cause.
Here's the blurb.
We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to recognise the contribution made by serving and retired military personnel by making the following tangible improvements:
1. All military personnel serving overseas in front line positions shall be paid free of income tax, with their NI contributions met by the MOD.
2. All other military personnel serving overseas in non front line positions shall be paid free of income tax, with their NI contributions met by the MOD, following 4 months duration in the zone of operations.
3. Retired / Injured service personnel who are no longer able to serve in the army are to be be considered on a preference basis for all civil service / local government positions (MOD or other departments).
4. Retired / injured service personnel to be automatically provided with all the benefits of old aged pensioners.
5. Retired / injured service personnel to be automatically placed at the top of all council housing lists.
If you see the name of your MP in the scrolling list below then please lobby them. The list is taken from The full list of MPs' expenses repayments.
Each and everyone on this list have used tax-payers money to claim expenses. In essence, soldiers under fire from the Taliban or those maimed by IED's or worse still, those that have died for the cause, have given the following list money to buy expenses.
If this sickens you, as it does me, then please sign the petition.
Please remember to sign then go to your email inbox and wait for the activation link.
LIST OF MP'S WHO HAVE CLAIMED FOR EXPENSES
ORDER THE PAPERBACK
'THE EVIDENCE, HOWEVER, IS CLEAR...THE SEROXAT SCANDAL' By Bob Fiddaman
SIGNED COPIES HERE OR UNSIGNED FROM CHIPMUNKA PUBLISHING
About the Author :
Bob Fiddaman has been writing about the dangers of antidepressants since 2006. In 2011 he was presented with two human rights awards from the Citizens Commission on Human Rights.
Labels: bobfiddaman, Fiddaman, fiddaman blog, Marketing, Paroxetine, Paxil, Seroxat, Seroxat Sufferers, Seroxat Sufferers Stand Up and be Counted, THE EVIDENCE HOWEVER IS CLEAR