Zantac Lawsuit


Researching drug company and regulatory malfeasance for over 16 years
Humanist, humorist

Monday, April 12, 2010

FAA Respond to Freedom of Information Request


Image: gra-cv.com

I rarely receive mail through the post, unless it's a final demand or a letter from the bailiff's due to some cock-up from my local council. I was, therefore, surprised to receive a letter from the U.S Department of Transportation [Federal Aviation Administration]

Earlier this month I sent them a Freedom of Information request because I was concerned over a change in their recent policy, namely, a ban that had been lifted regarding pilots taking antidepressant medication and anti-smoking cessation treatment.

According to the letter, a portion of my request has been assigned for action to the Office of Aerospace Medicine in Washington DC.

I'm left wondering what portion?

Still, it's nice of them to acknowledge me and it should prove very interesting indeed to see how, or if, they answer my request and/or questions.

My request/questions were as follows:

1. Request for minutes of meetings where the change in the policy was on the agenda. List of members present and a declaration of interests of each of the members.

2. Any information given to FAA from outside parties that relate to the FAA'S recent change in policy regarding pilots on antidepressant medication.

3. A list of SSRi medications that pilots are NOT permitted to use and reasons why you think these SSRi's still pose a threat to safety.

4. A list of anti-smoking cessation drugs that pilots are NOT permitted to use and reasons why you think these still pose a threat to safety.

5. Does the FAA's new policy extend to air traffic controllers, if not, why?

6. An official statement from your CEO that categorically states that the FAA envisage that there will never be any incidents in the future with pilots that can be traced back to any adverse drug reaction from Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa and Lexapro.

Back story HERE

I will of course let readers know how this request unfolds.

Fid

ORDER THE PAPERBACK
'THE EVIDENCE, HOWEVER, IS CLEAR...THE SEROXAT SCANDAL' By Bob Fiddaman
SIGNED COPIES HERE OR UNSIGNED FROM CHIPMUNKA PUBLISHING

2 comments:


Please contact me if you would like a guest post considered for publication on my blog.