Zantac Lawsuit


Researching drug company and regulatory malfeasance for over 16 years
Humanist, humorist

Monday, May 10, 2010

I'm Humbled: Honourary Member of Healthy Skepticism Inc





Over the weekend I received an email that has made my 4 years of blogging about Seroxat, GlaxoSmithKline and the MHRA all the more worth it.

I learned that I have just been made an honourary member of Healthy Skepticism Inc.

It's quite an honour to be included in such a group - the member list is staggering, many professionals in the field as well as journalists, some of whom have offered to review my book, The Evidence, However, Is Clear...The Seroxat Scandal.

A quick browse through the members section this morning and I spied some great advertisements that have been uploaded.

For those that don't know, Healthy Skepticism is Australian based but has a global list of members.

It truly is an honour to be amongst such esteemed professionals.

Aropax is the brand name of Seroxat and Paxil in Australia and the advertisements that have been uploaded highlight that nothing much changes from country to country regarding the promotion.

I'd like to personally thank the Director of Healthy Skepticism Inc, Peter Mansfield, for recognising my contribution.

The aims of Healthy Skepticism Inc are:

1. Improving health by reducing harm from inappropriate, misleading or unethical marketing of health products or services, especially misleading pharmaceutical promotion.

2. Investigating and communicating about marketing practices.

3. Promoting healthy skepticism about marketing practices via advocacy, research and education.

4. Developing, supporting and evaluating initiatives to reduce harmful marketing practices, including reform of regulations and incentives.

5. Developing, implementing and evaluating educational strategies to improve health care decision making, including evaluation of drug promotion.

6. Supporting compassionate, appropriate, sustainable, evidence-based health care, provided according to need, for optimal health outcomes.

7. Providing practical opportunities to advance the aims of Healthy Skepticism Inc.


I sincerely hope I can contribute to creating further awareness over the coming years.

Not bad for a council tenant from Birmingham, eh?

Fid

ORDER THE PAPERBACK
'THE EVIDENCE, HOWEVER, IS CLEAR...THE SEROXAT SCANDAL' By Bob Fiddaman
SIGNED COPIES HERE OR UNSIGNED FROM CHIPMUNKA PUBLISHING

2 comments:


Please contact me if you would like a guest post considered for publication on my blog.