Zantac Lawsuit


Researching drug company and regulatory malfeasance for over 16 years
Humanist, humorist

Sunday, December 05, 2010

3 PARA COMES HIGHLY RECOMMENDED



Totally off topic, my son, who is serving in the Armed Forces out in Afghanistan, managed to send me a few emails the other day, thankfully he is back at Bastion after spending a month out in the wilderness, surviving on Army rations, using bottled water to wash, all the time watching where he and his fellow comrades step because of IED's planted underneath the soil by Taliban insurgents, not to mention coming under sporadic fire from the enemy from both machine gun and mortar shells.

I see various sources on Wikileaks are condemning the British forces, probably some pen-pushing cretin who takes a bath with scented oils and has candles around their bath whilst listening to Mozart.

In today's Telegraph, General David Petraeus, the commander of Nato troops in Afghanistan, singles our 3 Para and praises them, citing; "the most impressive way to do business"

3 Para were involved in an operation that left 15 Taliban dead but left civilians unharmed. In fact during the last month or so, 3 Para have killed more than 40 Taliban and even captured a shadow Taliban governor.

As a parent, not a day goes by when I don't think of my son fighting alongside this unique company of soldiers. His training was brutal, he now understands why it had to be so brutal. Every newsflash regarding this war sinks my heart - heaven forbid I ever get representatives of the British Army or Police force knock on my door - [ I actually did the other morning but that's a story that will keep...for the time being]

The Afghan terrain, particularly out in Shazhad, is warm in the day and sub-zero at night - these brave men go weeks on end eating their rations, crouch against walls to defecate into a plastic bag and wash with a bottle of water to stop fungal infections growing upon their person.

They are elite, brave, have no fear and all heroes in my book.

To the men of 3 Para, I salute you. You are all heroes and I shall live forever in your debt.

Related stories

Gen Petraeus hails Paras for precision attack

British Paras see progress in the fight against the Taliban - and in the schools

Paratroopers defeat Taliban in decisive day of battles



Fid

ORDER THE PAPERBACK
'THE EVIDENCE, HOWEVER, IS CLEAR...THE SEROXAT SCANDAL' By Bob Fiddaman
SIGNED COPIES HERE OR UNSIGNED FROM CHIPMUNKA PUBLISHING

No comments:


Please contact me if you would like a guest post considered for publication on my blog.