Blogging Since 2006

Blogging Since 2006
A Blog by Award Winning Writer, Bob Fiddaman. - Independent clinical studies have shown, that putting "Independent clinical studies have shown" in front of just about anything will make people believe it.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Toran Henry

Toran Henry



Toran Henry was born at 11.54am on 13 May 1990. He died on the 20th March 2008, two months short of his 18th birthday.

He was prescribed the powerful SSRi Prozac...without being diagnosed with any form of mental illness.

It's already the 20th March in New Zealand where Toran's mom, Maria, still lives.

It's been the 20th of March for Maria for 4 years now.

Maria will be opening a beer for me this weekend, she'll be with all of Toran's friends, each one of them recalling the happy memories they have, each one reminding Maria how popular her boy was.

When I was out in LA a couple of months ago Maria and I spent a lot of time together, she very kindly gave me something of Toran's, a watch.

That watch sits on top of an award I won in 2011, it's accompanied by Sara Carlin's bangle, another teen tragically taken from us too soon, Sara had been prescribed Seroxat.

Toran Henry had his whole life in front of him. Prozac, and its propensity to cause suicidal thoughts, pushed him over the edge.

Had Toran Henry never died his mother and I would never have met, it's a friendship that I treasure dearly yet it is one that I would give up if I could turn back time, if I could, I would.

All we can do as bloggers, advocates, humanitarians is give children like Toran Henry a voice and offer our shoulders for those grieving to lean on.

Nobody, not even I, can feel the pain a parent does when they lose their child, all we can do is be there for them, listen to them, support them in any way we can.

Those responsible for Toran's death should be utterly ashamed of themselves this morning in New Zealand, truth is they aren't, they are still plying their trade and handing out psychiatric drugs to a vulnerable population, except, of course, their own children.

I'll pay my personal respects to Toran sometime in the near future.

For now here's something I did last year.




Related Links: 




Fid


ORDER THE PAPERBACK 'THE EVIDENCE, HOWEVER, IS CLEAR...THE SEROXAT SCANDAL' By Bob Fiddaman US and CANADA HERE OR UK HERE


AUSTRALIAN ORDERS HERE