Zantac Lawsuit


Researching drug company and regulatory malfeasance for over 16 years
Humanist, humorist

Friday, January 10, 2014

AC/DC - My First Love




Everyone and anyone that knows me will tell you that I am an AC/DC nut. They'd be right.

I first heard them in 1978. I was at the local youth club disco and listening to the usual disco stuff, some Mud, Slade and Sweet being thrown in for the glam rock fans. Then, BAM! I heard them. Little did I know that they would have such a profound effect on me, one that I still carry today, some 36 years later.

Whole Lotta Rosie [1] from the Let There Be Rock album was the first song I heard. My leg just started moving along to the rhythm, worse case of restless leg syndrome anyone would ever likely encounter.

[1] Whole Lotta Rosie



From that point I was hooked. I saved and purchased my first AC/DC album, Powerage.  It was played to death, quite literally as I had to go out and purchase another copy some years later.

Powerage, for me, and many other hardcore AC/DC fans, stands out there as one of the finest rock n' roll albums ever recorded. It still stands up today. For me, Gone Shootin' [2] pretty much defines what AC/DC are all about - the groove.

[2] Gone Shootin'



The back catalogue was purchased and a year later I was rushing to HMV for their new release, Highway To Hell. They didn't disappoint. It's a work of art that sees the then vocalist, Bon Scott, belt out songs that would later become classics, still being used on AC/DC's set list today. For me, Night Prowler [3] is one of the most underrated songs on the album, to my knowledge AC/DC have never performed this live. Night Prowler has quite a history, Google "Richard Ramirez + AC/DC" to get the back story. Night Prowler is dark, it's bluesy, it's pure genius.


[3] Night Prowler


So, why am I writing about AC/DC on a blog that essentially takes a critical look at the pharmaceutical industry and medicine regulators?

Well, because I want to is the simple answer.

AC/DC have been, and still are, a huge part of my life, they are my natural antidepressant, better still, one doesn't endure side effects when listening to AC/DC.

Bon Scott [AC/DC vocalist 1975 - 1979] tragically died in 1980. I've been lucky enough to visit his birth place, Kirriemuir, Scotland, and his place of rest, Freemantle, Perth W. Austraila.

AC/DC, thankfully, continued and soon found a replacement vocalist in Brian Johnson.

Johnson had had previous chart topping success in the UK with Geordie, their most successful single release being All Because Of You which entered the top 10 in the UK charts.

Being an AC/DC fan has its downside. The years between studio albums can be tedious. They keep themselves to themselves and rarely do interviews [unless they are promoting a tour or album].

They've kept my interest going for 36 years, they are, without doubt, the finest rock n' roll band of all time.

They have given millions of people pleasure over those 36 years, one only has to look at the joy on the faces of the Argentinian fans in the video below [4]

I thought I'd just mention them before my blog hits one million views. They helped shape me into the person I am today.

I salute them.

[4] You Shook Me All Night Long





Who needs medicating when you have five guys who can rock like these guys? 

Watching AC/DC perform live isn't just about witnessing the best rock n' roll band on the planet, it's a spiritual experience.

Better than any mind altering drug.

Bob Fiddaman




No comments:


Please contact me if you would like a guest post considered for publication on my blog.