Zantac Lawsuit


Researching drug company and regulatory malfeasance for over 16 years
Humanist, humorist

Friday, March 16, 2018

67.5 million antidepressants - Joining The Dots




To put this into context, since I've been blogging about the dangers of antidepressants, the prescription rates for them have risen by over 30 million. Yet I'm 'scaremongering' or 'pill-shaming', further, I'm a 'smeary conspiracy theorist'. All labels thrown at me by people who believe I'm wrong. I'm even criticized because I have no medical background. All efforts to silence me have failed.

Yet the carnage continues...

Do the maths then read the link at the foot of the pictures. If you still can't join the dots then I respectfully suggest a new pair of reading glasses.


Prescriptions - Rising

Mental Health Conditions - Rising

Suicides Since 2007 - Rising



The article below (15 March 2018) features a quote from Matt Blow, a policy manager at YoungMinds. I've omitted the comment but you can read it by clicking on the link at the foot of this summary.

YoungMinds is, according to their website, "the UK’s leading charity championing the wellbeing and mental health of young people." They claim, amongst other things, that depression is caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain. Further, they claim medication "can help to address chemical imbalances and make someone feel more ‘normal’"



'I tried to kill myself nine times before the NHS helped me'

It was the ninth time in the space of 10 days that Sherry Denness had tried to kill herself. "It felt like checkmate - there were no open doors or other ways for my life to turn, I just wanted to die," she says.

Only just 18, Sherry has been diagnosed with a number of mental health conditions, including borderline personality disorder (BPD) and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).

On seven of her nine suicide attempts, which took place in November last year, the teenager had landed in A&E, been patched up and deemed well enough to be sent home with no further help. Another time she'd taken all of her prescribed medication in one go and ended up in critical care for two days. 

"I was psychotic and I was hearing Kieran in my head telling me I need to leave the house." Kieran is one of the voices Sherry hears - the worst one, she says.

She was 11 when she was first assessed by the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (Camhs)

Eventually, at 13, she was given treatment for ADHD.

"I have been to A&E a lot of times for self-harm and suicide attempts", Sherry Says.


What was the total of your sum, folks?

Answers on a postcard to The Royal College of Psychiatrists.

Bob Fiddaman

Graphs courtesy of James Moore





No comments:


Please contact me if you would like a guest post considered for publication on my blog.