Zantac Lawsuit


Researching drug company and regulatory malfeasance for over 16 years
Humanist, humorist

Friday, October 28, 2022

YoungMinds ~ Kudos Where It's Due

 



Back in 2017, I highlighted how YoungMinds, the UK’s leading charity championing the wellbeing and mental health of young people, had posted a booklet on its website that claimed the following:

It’s rare for a mental illness to occur out of the blue, it usually builds up over time and comes to a point where people need professional help. The causes are wide  ranging and include a  chemical imbalance in the brain.  Medication can help to address chemical imbalances and make someone feel more ‘normal’"

I recently brought this to their attention and, surprisingly, they have addressed it. Not only have YoungMinds removed the content, they have issued an explanation and an apology. For that, I must give them kudos.

Their statement came via Twitter and reads:

This, to me at least, is a very positive move by the charity and, to my knowledge, it's the first time anyone has publicly apologised for once claiming mental illness is caused by a chemical imbalance, moreover, medication can address that imbalance.

It's a start and, I believe, kids who use their services or visit their website will be safer for it.

I applaud this approach.

Bob Fiddaman








No comments:


Please contact me if you would like a guest post considered for publication on my blog.