Zantac Lawsuit


Researching drug company and regulatory malfeasance for over 16 years
Humanist, humorist

Thursday, February 06, 2014

Are Deaf People Immune From Schizophrenia?







I was just looking at the check list for schizophrenia. More often than not, "hears voices inside head" appears. It got me thinking.

If a person is born deaf they do not no what a voices sounds like...ergo they cannot ever hear voices in their heads.

So, are deaf people [those that were born deaf] immune from schizophrenia?

If yes, then surely this raises some serious questions when diagnosing, right?

Quite often psychiatrists label people who hear voices inside their heads as "schizophrenics". Find me a person who hasn't ever heard a voice inside his head [those born deaf excluded] and I'll dance naked in the street with peanuts adhered to my body. [Peanut Fetish Disorder PFD]

I've tried Googling the answer but can't come up with anything.

So, I guess this post will now fall into the annals of Googlesphere and when people Google the question, "Are Deaf People Immune From Schizophrenia?", they will end up landing on this post.

Ask a psychiatrist, if you know any one in that field... chances are they won't be able to give you a definitive answer, basically because their whole profession is based upon supposition rather than actual scientific fact.

Yet they hand out drugs based on supposition.

Calls for psychiatry to be abolished has [excuse the pun] fallen on deaf ears.


Bob Fiddaman






No comments:


Please contact me if you would like a guest post considered for publication on my blog.