Zantac Lawsuit


Researching drug company and regulatory malfeasance for over 16 years
Humanist, humorist

Friday, July 01, 2011

Long Term SSRi Use - Possible Link To Brain Damage



An eye opening article has appeared in Psychology Today that suggests that long term use of SSRi's is linked to brain damage. Rather than cut and paste the whole article I suggest you read it. It comes from esteemed author Robert Whitaker, who writes:

Three recently published papers, along with a report by a Minnesota group on health outcomes in that state, provide new reason to mull over this question: Do antidepressants worsen the long-term course of depression? As I wrote in Anatomy of an Epidemic, I believe there is convincing evidence that the drugs do just that. These latest papers add to that evidence base.

I've always been a firm believer that long term use of these drugs can cause damage. Many people are forced to continue taking these meds because they are so damned hard to withdraw from!

I'd like to thank GlaxoSmithKline for manufacturing a drug that was so difficult for me to withdraw from. Thanks for leaving me with the short term memory loss, intolerance to sudden loud noises and sleep disturbances. I think we can safely assume that those three adverse drug reactions can be brain related, don't you?

Whitaker's article is a MUST read.

Now Antidepressant-Induced Chronic Depression Has a Name: Tardive Dysphoria







No comments:


Please contact me if you would like a guest post considered for publication on my blog.