Zantac Lawsuit


Researching drug company and regulatory malfeasance for over 16 years
Humanist, humorist

Friday, October 07, 2016

Classic Avoidance by the British Medicines Regulator, the MHRA





I've just received this via email from the MHRA.

My question to them was one of simplicity. Their answer totally avoids the question. My response to their response has just been sent to them.

Firstly, here's the question I posed them...

A document on the MHRA website, namely; Con126183, claims that "...the benefits of taking Fluoxetine 20mg capsules outweigh the risks, hence a Marketing Authorisation has been granted."

The general public are aware of the risks but could you, the MHRA, please provide me with a detailed list of the benefits that persuaded you to grant a Marketing Authorisation?


Their reply, considering is was treated as a Freedom of Information request, defies belief. Firstly, they put 'Final Response' in the subject line of the email (More on this after you read their reply to the above question)

Fluoxetine has been shown to have beneficial effects in the listed indications for the product referenced above (Fluoxetine 20mg Capsules – PL 17907/0374), through the original data that was submitted from clinical trials conducted by Eli Lilly for the grant of a marketing authorisation for Prozac 20mg Capsules (PL 00006/0195). 

So... here's my reply to their, it has to be said, avoidance in answering my question...

Thanks for this but you have not answered question 2?
I asked you to provide me with a "detailed list" that shows the benefits of taking Prozac and nowhere in your response to me has this list been provided.
Why?
PS - I will tell you when any correspondence is "final".
Sincerely,

 

It's a simple question to answer, right? Either they have a list of detailed benefits or they don't.



Bob Fiddaman.






No comments:


Please contact me if you would like a guest post considered for publication on my blog.