Monsanto Roundup Lawsuit

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

GlaxoSmithKline submits final study data to FDA for cervical cancer vaccine

PHILADELPHIA and LONDON, March 30 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- GlaxoSmithKline (NYSE: GSK) today provided the following update regarding its application to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for approval of CERVARIX(R), its vaccine to prevent cervical cancer and cervical pre-cancer related to human papillomavirus types 16 and 18 - Source -

Difficult one to muster.

Cervical cancer is nasty and if there is a vaccine to cure it then I'd be the first to offer a round of applause to the pharmaceutical company that provides that cure.

I'm unsure about Cervarix though... and more unsure over it's manufacturers, GlaxoSmithKline.

It's a difficult decision to make for any parent. Shall we trust GlaxoSmithKline? [this time]

Personally, if I had a daughter, I wouldn't want any drug made by GSK going anywhere near her. I don't trust them you see. They have a history of not quite being forthright with the truth. That's just my personal opinion and far be it for me to challenge whether or not a parent makes the correct decision in allowing their daughter to be vaccinated by a GSK product.

I suggest every parent in the UK do their homework before they make that decision. I could point many parents to pages where GSK have showed contempt for children but Google is a much more powerful tool.

I would love to believe that GlaxoSmithKline had manufactured a vaccine for the prevention of cervical cancer... I truly would. Had they been more transparent in the past then they would have gained trust in members of the public. The fact remains that GSK have quite a tainted history of hiding the facts and I for one do not trust them.

As a parent I would get written confirmation from the CEO of GlaxoSmithKline, Andrew Witty, that Cervarix does exactly what it's manufacturers claim it does. I would ask for a full comprehensive list of possible side-effects both published and unpublished. I would then email/write to the CEO of the MHRA, Kent Woods, and ask him for the same. Then if anything untoward happened to my child as a result of them taking this vaccine I would hold both Andrew Witty and Kent Woods responsible. If I couldn't get these personal assurances from both CEO's then I would seriously consider allowing the vaccine into the body of any child of mine.

I'm trying not to scaremonger - I can see both sides of the debate. Thing is... the side of GSK and medicine regulators is painted with £ and $ signs. It all boils down to GSK making a huge amount of money - just like they did with Seroxat/Paxil.

The choice is yours.

Use Google.


Read the new book, The Evidence, However, Is Clear...The Seroxat Scandal