Tuesday, April 06, 2010
FOI REQUEST TO THE FEDERAL AVIATION ADMINISTRATION [FAA]
Following on from my post regarding the FAA and there change of policy, ie; allowing pilots to fly aircraft whilst taking SSRi type drugs.
The following is made under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act:
All questions/requests relate to the FAA'S recent change in policy regarding pilots on antidepressant medication.
1. Request for minutes of meetings where the change in the policy was on the agenda. List of members present and a declaration of interests of each of the members.
2. Any information given to FAA from outside parties that relate to the FAA'S recent change in policy regarding pilots on antidepressant medication.
3. A list of SSRi medications that pilots are NOT permitted to use and reasons why you think these SSRi's still pose a threat to safety.
4. A list of anti-smoking cessation drugs that pilots are NOT permitted to use and reasons why you think these still pose a threat to safety.
5. Does the FAA's new policy extend to air traffic controllers, if not, why?
6. An official statement from your CEO that categorically states that the FAA envisage that there will never be any incidents in the future with pilots that can be traced back to any adverse drug reaction from Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa and Lexapro.
Author of Seroxat Sufferers
ORDER THE PAPERBACK
'THE EVIDENCE, HOWEVER, IS CLEAR...THE SEROXAT SCANDAL' By Bob Fiddaman
SIGNED COPIES HERE OR UNSIGNED FROM CHIPMUNKA PUBLISHING
About the Author :
Bob Fiddaman has been writing about the dangers of antidepressants since 2006. In 2011 he was presented with two human rights awards from the Citizens Commission on Human Rights.
Labels: bobfiddaman, Fiddaman, fiddaman blog, Paroxetine, Paxil, Seroxat, Seroxat Sufferers, Seroxat Sufferers Stand Up and be Counted, SSRis