Zantac Lawsuit


Researching drug company and regulatory malfeasance for over 16 years
Humanist, humorist

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Paxil Withdrawal - thousands of unseen court documents


Image: sitepoint.com

Much has been said about the Citizens Commission on Human Rights [CCHR], mainly from people who cannot defend the use of Paxil and other SSRi's. Their links to Scientology is normally the road pharmaceutical companies and their shills take when trying to discredit those that speak out against psychiatric medication.

I, myself, have been subjected to allegations that I am a Scientologist. Those that know me will know that these allegations [made by one obsessive individual] couldn't be further from the truth.

Having said that, I have been looking at the work of the CCHR with great interest over the past few weeks and it has occurred to me that they are very much banging the drum with regard to psychiatric medication.

I'd be more reluctant to accept what they had to say if they were an organisation such as the Catholic church - whose history is pretty shameful. I have nothing against Catholics, I was raised a Catholic. Fortunately, once reaching a certain age, I was able to make a choice of whether or not I wished to follow it into adulthood.

I chose not to.

The publishing of this next video, a new one from the CCHR, will no doubt send my obsessive critic into a state of apoplexy - to be honest, I really don't care any more. His latest 'point-scoring' with regard to the inquest of Sara Carlin has sickened me.

In this short video, Karen Barth Menzies of Baum Hedlund [a law firm] explains how the FDA sprung into action once reports started flooding in about Paxil withdrawal. Karen also explains how Paxil's manufacturer, GlaxoSmithKline, have settled more than 3,000 lawsuits brought against them - most of which have gone unreported in the mainstream media.

A staggering 1.1 billion dollars has been paid out to members of the public that have took GlaxoSmithKline to court - they still claim Paxil is not defective.

I applaud the efforts of CCHR, same as I would if I saw a football team, whom I wasn't particularly enamoured with, score an excellent goal against a team that I follow.

A lawsuit involving Paxil [UK brand name, Seroxat] is set for the High Court in London later this year. I have wrote extensively about the witnesses GlaxoSmithKline intend to call, the majority of which seem to have a vested interest in playing Paxil withdrawal down. Back stories here, here, here and here.

As most of my readers know, I have been covering the inquest of Sara Carlin. Sara killed herself, I believe, as a result of many adverse reactions to Paxil. The inquest is currently underway in Ontario, Canada. Much of what has been written in the mainstream media will not do anything to protect the public from the danger of Paxil.

This video, is, in the main, for the non-believers out there, those that believe that Paxil is a safe and effective medication. It also is an effort to show that any law firm, who wishes to support GlaxoSmithKline in defence of Paxil, are pretty much doomed to failure.

It's abundantly clear that GlaxoSmithKline make out of court payments to

1. Admit no liability

and

2. Safeguard their profits.

Here's the short 2 minute video.




Fid

ORDER THE PAPERBACK
'THE EVIDENCE, HOWEVER, IS CLEAR...THE SEROXAT SCANDAL' By Bob Fiddaman
SIGNED COPIES HERE OR UNSIGNED FROM CHIPMUNKA PUBLISHING

No comments:


Please contact me if you would like a guest post considered for publication on my blog.