Zantac Lawsuit


Researching drug company and regulatory malfeasance for over 16 years
Humanist, humorist

Friday, August 13, 2010

Fresh Woes for Glaxo's Lamictal



















Image: onlinepharmacycr.com



The Daily Telegraph [UK Tabloid] is today reporting that the Food and Drug Administration [FDA], the US equivalent of the MHRA, are working with GlaxoSmithKline to update the labelling for its anti seizure drug, Lamictal.

The Telegraph writes:

40 cases of aseptic meningitis, which causes inflammation of the tissue layers surrounding the brain and spinal cord but is less serious than bacterial meningitis, were identified in patients taking Lamictal between December 1994 – when the drug was approved – and November 2009.

The article adds:

A spokesman for GSK said that in July, the company had agreed with the FDA to add aseptic meningitis to Lamictal's prescription information and medication guide.


How nice of them.

Full story HERE

You can read one person's story of their withdrawal from Glaxo's Lamictal over at Beyond Meds. It's shocking stuff. The author, Giana Kali writes:

I started the second phase of my Lamictal withdrawal three days ago. I was on 400 mg of it for many years. Several months ago I went off 200 mg of it. It was rough, but only in that I was greatly fatigued. Today, three days after cutting 25 mg from my still remaining 200 mg I am going ape-shit.

Full harrowing story HERE



Fid

ORDER THE PAPERBACK
'THE EVIDENCE, HOWEVER, IS CLEAR...THE SEROXAT SCANDAL' By Bob Fiddaman
SIGNED COPIES HERE OR UNSIGNED FROM CHIPMUNKA PUBLISHING

No comments:


Please contact me if you would like a guest post considered for publication on my blog.