Zantac Lawsuit


Researching drug company and regulatory malfeasance for over 16 years
Humanist, humorist

Thursday, August 12, 2010

SEROXAT SUFFERERS GOES OVER THE 200,000 MARK!




Today saw my blog go over the 200,000 hits barrier. I started writing this blog in April 2006, basically I was frustrated at the lack of transparency the UK Medicines Regulator [MHRA] were showing me with a series of questions I was putting to them about the antidepressant, Seroxat.

My first post on here came in April 2006. However, I didn't add a counter to my blog until a year later.

The graph below shows the rise in yearly hits. 2010 takes you up to the present day and looks as though this year may also be exceeding expectations.















The next graph shows web hits from last year [2009] and those from this year [2010] - a significant increase in traffic.












My early work on here saw me parody both the MHRA and employees of GlaxoSmithKline. This, I believe, helped me secure a meeting with the MHRA, although they will claim they agreed to meet with me because of my grave concerns regarding withdrawal on Seroxat and other SSRi's.


That meeting seems a long time ago now. The concerns I raised were listened to and... well, that's about it. Nothing has been done.

I also secured a meeting, or rather got the MHRA to agree to meet with withdrawal expert on all matters relating to SSRi's, David Healy.

David met with them approximately one year after I did. He presented the MHRA a withdrawal guidance for SSRi's/SNRi's.

That guidance has never been used or promoted by the MHRA.

It is abundantly clear, to me at least, that the MHRA refuse to acknowledge there is a severe problem with Seroxat and other SSRi's. If they thought there was a problem then they would have done something about it. Wouldn't they?

I ceased my communications with the MHRA sometime last year. I was frustrated at their fence sitting [lack of transparency] with regard to whether or not Seroxat was a teratogen.

There are many people, the same people the MHRA are supposed to protect, that take Seroxat and other SSRi's on trust. They do so because their doctor tells them it is safe, doctor's say this because the MHRA have not got balls of steel and despite overwhelming evidence refuse to make any kind of official statement regarding the withdrawal issues of this particular class of drugs.

A database on their website showing adverse reactions is NOT good enough.

1. Not everybody has access to the Internet

2. Christopher Columbus would have difficulty navigating their website

3. Their adverse reaction reporting system is old-fashioned and despite promises of a re-vamp, it remains old-fashioned

4. The MHRA are wholly funded by the pharmaceutical industry

5. Their Chairman, Alasdair Breckenridge, is a former employee of GlaxoSmithKline and has gone on record claiming, “... The so-called scandal of Seroxat is something I want to nail every time I speak in front of compatriots because it is absolute rubbish”.

6. The MHRA's Director of Licensing, Ian Hudson, was the former World Safety Officer at GlaxoSmithKline. His spell at Glaxo saw him have a "significant involvement" with a number of drugs, in particular, Seroxat.

7. Later this year sees a number of people taking on GlaxoSmithKline in the High Court in London. All, myself included, had trouble with Seroxat's withdrawal issues. One of the witnesses being called by GlaxoSmithKline, to no doubt play down these withdrawal problems, is Dr. Rashmi Shah. Shah was an employee of the MHRA between 1987 and 2004.

I am glad I started this blog. I have made many friends, more so than enemies.

Special thanks go out to the following, each have helped promote the work that I have done and continue to do.

Janice Simmons at The Seroxat User Group
Derek Scott at The Online Seroxat Support Group
Steph at Soulful Sepulcher.
Stan at Is Something Not Quite Right With Stan
Truthman at GSK Licence to [K]ill
Ana at Just Ana
Matt at It's Quite An Experience
RC at Seroxat Secrets
Phil Dawdy at Furious Seasons
Aubrey at Scientific Misconduct Blog
Ruth at Paxil Progress
De Bunker at Psychiatry, It's A Killing
Susan at If Your'e Going Through Hell, Keep Going
'Princess' at Penetanguishene Mental Health Centre - Psychiatric Abuses
Cyndi White at UK Survivors Forum
Gianna at Beyond Meds
Investigative Journalist, Evelyn Pringle
Stephany Gatchell
Neil and Rhonda Carlin
Stuart and Claudette Jones

There are many more, a lot of folk on my friends list at Facebook have also been instrumental in promoting my articles.

This is for you all. Each and every one of you rock!

I salute you.



This one goes out to the obsessive cyberstalker [GlaxoSmithKline whore and defender of Seroxat] who thought creating a shadow blog to this one would detract visitors from coming here.



There have been times when I have considered throwing the towel in but I kept going with support from a very dear friend whose words of encouragement drive me on.

Although she is many miles away, we have arranged to meet sometime next year. I cannot go into too much detail but I am up for an award which is being presented to me in the United States early next year, something that I am immensely proud of. She will accompany me and be my date for the night.

Who knows what will blossom?



My book, The Evidence, However, Is Clear...The Seroxat Scandal, is set for release as a paperback later this year, it's currently with a professional editing service.

Things are looking up.

Thank you all for your continued support.



Fid

ORDER THE PAPERBACK
'THE EVIDENCE, HOWEVER, IS CLEAR...THE SEROXAT SCANDAL' By Bob Fiddaman
SIGNED COPIES HERE OR UNSIGNED FROM CHIPMUNKA PUBLISHING

10 comments:


Please contact me if you would like a guest post considered for publication on my blog.